Want to be featured as part of my Foodie 5? Can you answer these 5 fun food questions about your town?
- Where is the best place to go for a snack while Mrs A|T shops at Ala Moana (Oahu) / Whalers Village (Maui)?
- What is your favorite place to go for local grinds (especially my favorites: poke, laulau pork)?
- What is the best tacky tourist restaurant on the island?
- Are there any great places to go for dessert (especially haupia pie)?
- Can you suggest must-try local food that tourists don’t know about?
I will be visiting Hawaii next month and one of the fun things that I like to do is to contact local food bloggers and ask them 5 questions about where to get good, local food. I call it the Foodie 5 and I’ve already done these for Hong Kong and London. If you’d be interested in participating, I will post your answers on my blog along with a feature describing your site with links to your some of your posts. An example of a Hong Kong Foodie 5 post: http://averagetraveller.com/hong-kong-foodie-5-tomeatsjencooks/1938/
Everybody who has participated has had fun because these aren’t the usual questions people ask.
I’ve already started looking at local food blogs for inspiration (http://averagetraveller.com/best-hawaii-food-blogs/3780/) and I’m putting together a list of top places I’d like to eat at. For Hong Kong and London I created an Eatinerary and I’d like to do the same for Hawaii.
Please take a look at them and let me know if you’d be interested in participating. I know most places have a close food blogging community so please think if you know anyone else who might also want to participate!